CONTINUING PHARMACY EDUCATION
Managing Drug Shortages with a Medication Safety Perspective
Kathy Ghomeshi, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, CPPS, Medication Safety Specialist, Department of Pharmaceutical Service, UCSF School of Pharmacy, San Francisco, CA
ACPE Universal Program ID# 0122-0000-23-020-H05-P/T (Patient Safety)
1 Contact Hours [0.1 CEU]
Release Date: January 17, 2023
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
Premier, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
There are 2 steps to completing this home-study CE.
Step 1: Watch the video presentation in its entirety.
Step 2: Click on "Take the Test" to complete the post-test and evaluation.
Please Note: A handout is provided. Please print it out and follow along with the audio recording.
- Identify the steps and processes of medication use that are impacted by drug shortages
- Describe types of medication errors that may arise due to drug shortages
- Review risk reduction strategies that can facilitate error prevention when addressing drug shortages
- Explain the importance of robust safety planning when managing drug shortages
Kathy Ghomeshi, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, CPPS
Release Date: Jan 17, 2023
Credit Expiration Date: Jan 17, 2026