CONTINUING PHARMACY EDUCATION
Managing Acute Pain in Opioid Use Disorder
Lee Kral, PharmD, CPE, Clinical Assistant Professor of Anesthesia, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Pain Management Clinic, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Iowa City, IA
ACPE Universal Program ID# 0122-0000-22-061-H08-P/T (Pain Management CE)
1 Contact Hours [0.1 CEU]
Release Date: November 14, 2022
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
Premier, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
There are 2 steps to completing this home-study CE.
Step 1: Watch the video presentation in its entirety.
Step 2: Click on "Take the Test" to complete the post-test and evaluation.
Please Note: A handout is provided. Please print it out and follow along with the audio recording.
- Compare and contrast medications used in opioid use disorder (OUD)
- Discuss state and federal laws pertaining to use of OUD medications in the acute care setting
- Describe a plan for managing acute surgical pain in a patient with OUD
- Describe a plan for managing acute non-surgical pain in a patient with OUD
Lee Kral, PharmD, BCPS, CPE
Release Date: Nov 14, 2022
Credit Expiration Date: Nov 14, 2025